It is often said that drinking wine regularly is beneficial for the organism. In this article we talk about it and explain why. You can buy Spanish wine online whether you live in Spain or abroad, as we are aware of how difficult it is to obtain quality wine outside Spain.
We recommend buying wine online in shops where Spanish wines are sold, as they are the best in the world along with Italian wines.
Red wine or Spanish red wine is the drink that results from the work involved in growing and harvesting the grapes and bottling. Each red wine is unique, however, there are several types depending on the time of ageing in the barrel and in the bottle:
- Joven: when no or not enough time has passed in the barrel to be considered crianza.
- Crianza: when it has spent between six and twelve months in the cask and remains in the bottle for two years after its production before being marketed.
- Reserva: when it spends at least one year in the cask and is allowed to rest in the bottle until three years have elapsed since its production.
- Gran Reserva: when it spends at least eighteen months in the barrel and the rest in the bottle. It can be marketed after the sixth year. These are exceptional vintages.
Benefits of red wine
Prevents heart disease, as it reduces blood clotting and prevents heart attacks.
- It helps to eliminate cholesterol because it is a drink rich in polyphenols such as resveratrol, which slows down the formation of clots and bad cholesterol.
- It increases Omega 3, which is necessary for the proper functioning of the body.
- Prevents osteoarthritis by drinking between five and ten glasses of wine a week, according to several studies.
- It helps to prevent different types of cancer due to its antioxidant properties.
- It helps to reduce ageing thanks to reveratrol.
- It protects the skin thanks to flavonoids, which strengthen the cells and reduce the negative consequences of exposure to ultraviolet rays.
- Helps weight loss by activating a gene that hinders the formation of adipose cells, i.e. fat.
- It strengthens cognitive abilities, reducing cognitive decline and even slowing down the onset of diseases such as dementia.
- It provides serotonin and dopamine, substances that influence our happiness and well-being and prevent us from developing depression.
It is a variety of wine with yellowish tones that is produced by the alcoholic fermentation of the uncoloured pulp of grapes. The main varieties of white wine in Spain are:
- Albariño: present in the D.O. Rías Baixas; it is a white wine, ample, dry and light.
- Macabeo or Viura: it has a very particular aroma and green colour.
- Verdejo: it comes from the white grape of Rueda; it is a very aromatic wine with little acidity.
Benefits of white wine
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases as well as red wine.
- Improves lung health due to the amount of resveratrol it contains.
- Prevents cancer, as it contains a high concentration of antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Protects the brain thanks to phenolic acid.
- Helps to lose weight and keep in shape according to several studies.
- It reduces hangovers, as it contains fewer congeners than other alcoholic beverages.
In short, both red and white wine offer numerous health benefits which, together with their taste, should encourage us to buy them and enjoy them in our daily lives.